Saturday 26 October 2013

America in Print

Last year I was lucky enough to visit America again, and for the first time, I saw Washington D.C.  I had been super excited because that's where Bones is set. Yes, yes....I know it's a tv show and it's filmed in LA, but I was still excited. I'm weird like that.

So we visited Washington D.C., Minneapolis and the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota, and then we drove across the country to visit more relatives in Fort Collins, Colorado. What strikes me I guess the most, is that even though the continental US is roughly the same size as Australia, there is so much more to see.  Parts of South Dakota definitely reminded me of our lovely country, but on the whole from what I've seen, there is just more than here. So I thought I would share with you some images from our trip.

They are converted to print form, and you can see them as a calendar here.



The National Archives Building



The Capitol Building Dome




Washington D.C. streetscape





Duluth Harbour Lighthouse


Duluth Harbour, MN




Rocky Mountains, on the way to Estes Park, CO





Split Rock Lighthouse, Lake Superior, MN




Washington Monument


Have a great day!


  Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Very nice prints and I love your new look...! I like clean and uncluttered blogs..oh yes, and you may borrow my gloves :o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks! I like the new look as well. :)

      Delete