Monday 28 October 2013

Free Halloween Printable Labels!


I LOVE Halloween! Here in Australia it's only just beginning to be a 'thing', but I love it all the same. 




We are going to be having a bit of a Halloween party and I've gone a little crazy with the decorations. I've just finished making a very realistic looking almost life-size mummy (the tutorial will be available soon!), and I've been busy in Photoshop making labels for bottles and food. I found when looking around on the net for some, the really good ones were only available in low resolution or you had to buy them so I figured I'd make some and share the love!

So I have made them available as a free PDF download! I think they look fantastic, and help to give your Halloween props an authentic feel.

In my photo above you can see some of them on bottles I've been collecting for just this purpose. I found that by making them rectangle, it was easier to customise them to individual bottles by just tracing the edge of the existing label shape. I used spray adhesive to glue them on, and I also used some acid free archival stamp ink with a kitchen scourer to age them once they were on the bottles. I found it simplest to use the existing labels and just stick these straight over the top, and you can also use scrapbooking scissors to create a different edge. Wrapping string or twine around the top of bottles also adds to the authentic look, just secure the string with a tiny dab of glue.



To download to your computer just click on the title underneath the image.
(please do the right thing and only use these labels for personal use as they are copyrighted to me, Sarah Wherry)











Enjoy and Happy Halloween! :)

Sarah


More the Merrier Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment