Thursday 16 February 2012

Lighthouses!

So I'm feeling like a very smart cookie today! I have linked my website and my facebook page as well as my new online store to this blog! Yes, that's right, I now have my very own personal online shop created purely for selling my work!

At the moment it has a few prints in it, but as time progresses I'll be adding other work as well.

Still working on my lino cut for printmaking - as promised, here is the lino with most of the white areas already carved out.

Lighthouse Linocut






And here is one of the first part of my transcription painting. He already has the beginnings of an awesome looking mohawk!

First draft of Grammatica transcription


I'm also working on a series of lighthouse paintings, two are finished, and I am about to start the third. When I get my images rotated properly, I'll post the two I've already done! The third one is going to be of Split Rock lighthouse which is believe it or not, in Minnesota, USA. Now, yes, Minnesota is in the middle of the country and you would think they wouldn't really need lighthouses, being so landlocked. But the state does border Lake Superior, which is one of the world's biggest inland bodies of water I believe. So they DO need lighthouses for the freight ships to navigate the cold and icy waters!

That's it for today I think...see you all next time!

1 comment:

  1. Well see, I didn't know about the lighthouse on Lake Superior..learn something everyday.. :o) I love the transcription painting, will have to have a look at that tonight..!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete