Monday 6 July 2015

So it occurred to me today that I'm doing exactly what I wanted to be doing in my life. How many people get to say that they are living their dream job/life? I'm busy, but it's a great busy. Currently on the go all at once, I have this:

A major large commission piece for a gorgeous pair of clients and friends. This huge artwork will be the first thing you see when you open their front door (no pressure or anything!), and will depict them and their extended family under a beautiful old Japanese Maple tree, overlooking the stunning beach landscape we call home here in Western Australia, at sunset. Here's a little sneak peak of the beginning:




I also have a large scale piece that I've decided to create and enter last minute for the Inaugural Rockingham Art Awards and an A-frame street sign for The Artisan Store Fremantle that will have amazing hand typography on one side and an architectural style drawing of that building on the other. I am also working on a bit of a secret double portrait commission, which I obviously can't share photos of yet.

In addition to that I've got a bunch of new work coming soon to Bohemian Ink Studios on Etsy. Want a sneak peak? Well... okay, you twisted my arm. Here you go!



I've been working on creating artworks using vintage and antique photos. They look amazing and will be up in the store by the end of the week! They'll all be priced between $30 and $50 depending on the level of drawing, and of course will be unframed. As of next month I'll have some framed versions up in The Artisan Store, in High Street Fremantle, for around $100.



I'm also working on another series for both Bohemian Ink Studios and The Artisan Store, which are pen drawings inspired by organic forms found in nature. These will all be priced at $60 unframed, and from next month instore about $120.



And now finally, here's just a little reminder for you. All of my paintings that are available via my website (click HERE), are 40% as a bit of a tax time bonus for you all. Those overseas can elect for free international shipping instead of the sale price, which could end up as a massive savings for you! So if you've been eyeing off a painting, now's the time to grab it! Why not have a look and see if there is something you love?

Want to see sneak peaks before I post them anywhere else? Follow me on Instagram! @sarahwherryart or just search #sarahwherryart


No comments:

Post a Comment