Sunday 16 February 2014

New Work In Progress: Wolves

For the last few days I've been working on my second piece in my Abstract Illustration Animals series, the Wolves. 

The four photos show the progression so far: I started with a blank canvas which I slathered extra gesso and a couple of texture mediums. I then poured ink over it, letting it run in some places and using my hands to rub it in in other places. 







For this piece I was aiming to have the colours be reminiscent of the Northern Lights because I knew I wanted to have wolves be the focus of the work. Once the ink was done, I used oil pastels to create the colours of the lights and also added some colour into the base of the image. 





When that was done, I was pretty happy with the top half but felt that the lower half needed something so I added some white paint, just a little bit here and there. After analysing it for a while I decided it needed more white, so I used more white ink and rubbed it in with my hands. Then I was much happier with it!



 
I played around with quite a few images of wolves until I found the ones I was happy with and collaged them on. Now all that's left is to draw them with ink to finish the picture. What do you think?

 







Enter your email to be the first to know about art sales and receive exclusive member only discounts! 
* indicates required
Email Format
Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:
Book Cover
Best Sellers List 2014: A Book You Must Read
Workshops
Online Workshops, Early Bird Registration Special: Half Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment