Sunday 9 March 2014

I Love My Chucks!

I don't think it's a secret that I love love love my Converse Chuck Taylors. They are my favourite shoes ever and I have several pairs. But as with everything in life (or at least inanimate objects), you may have several of something but one will always stand out as top dog, and as it was with my shoes. I am not really a typical girl when it comes to needing to have a million pairs of shoes, and I own only one or possibly two pairs of heels. But I have a long desired for pair of Doc Martens and several pairs of Chucks, along with a pair of thongs (flip flops for all you non-Aussies - I am not referring to underwear here, haha!) and maybe a pair of flats. That's pretty much it. 

So my favourite pair of Chucks tends to get a lot of wear!  I have worn the same pair on a very consistent basis - read as close to everyday as you can get - since I got them in early 2010. And now they have officially died. Yes, I'm a little heartbroken about it. 


You can't overly see it in these photos, but when I put them on my feet kind of fall out of the holes on the sides of the shoes. :(


I designed them myself on the Converse website and as you can see, they really are beyond wearing now. So to cheer myself up, I decided to decorate another pair that I do love almost equally as much. And I say almost, but I probably should love them even more. You see I wore another pair of Chucks that I designed on the website to my wedding. I had a knee length dress and a cute pair of white high tops with pink love hearts adorning the lining. I have mine and my husbands initials embroidered onto the shoes, and I drew a heart in between the initials. 

I hadn't worn them overly much since the wedding partly because I love the others so much, but also because they're white I didn't want to just have them end up grubby. So I decorated them and I love them. Now they're my new favourites! What do you think?


 Before.





After.












Enter your email to be the first to know about art sales and receive exclusive member only discounts! 
* indicates required
Email Format
Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:
Book Cover
Best Sellers List 2014: A Book You Must Read
Workshops
Online Workshops, Early Bird Registration Special: Half Price!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these shoes are so lovely!
    I am slightly in love with the white ones with the heart patterned lining! They look great decorated!
    I would choose a pair of these over heels any day honestly, there's just something about them!

    Emily xo
    emilydianacreations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is, isn't there? They're just a bit special and they're way easier on your back than heels!

      Delete
  2. oooh i like the decorating idea! i did it too on my converse ^^ and i used them for the gym till 1 month ago. the sole was a disaster for my back x.x but yes, converse do deserve much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mine for walking and I have a slight suspicion that they might be the reason my ankle injury just won't get better, or at least they may well be contributing! But hey....they're worth it, haha!

      Delete