Sunday 12 January 2014

Finished Work, Saatchi Online and Prints Available

I finally finished this piece! The hold up was because my technique of using layers of ink and Liquetex had one little (well actually not so little) flaw; that being the removal of the ink when I applied the Liquetex!!

I'm not sure what causes it, but I'm thinking it's because when I apply the ink onto the canvas that has already had Liquetex gloss applied to it, it can't soak in to the canvas. So when I then go to apply another layer of gloss, the ink comes right off. This was causing me lots of frustration, until I had a light bulb moment (which probably should have been obvious but for some reason just wasn't!) to use spray gloss varnish first, then apply the Liquetex to achieve the finish I wanted. (Because it seems to be less the actual gloss and more the motion of applying with a brush that removes the ink). Duh!!!

Worked perfectly and I've found myself a new way to complete the layers in my paintings without having to worry about the previous layer being effectively washed away when I apply gloss!

So I finished this one and titled it 'Winter's Approach'. I really love it and my brain is overflowing at the moment with ideas for more paintings.

Winter's Approach, 15 x 30" Mixed Media on Canvas
It's now available for sale through Saatchi Online and will be up on the ARTFULY site shortly as well. Yep that's right, I'm now selling my art to the international (and Australian) market through the massive world wide gallery site! I have prints available of this work (and others) through them, and also through my Etsy store. 

My next post in a couple of days is going to be a little sneak peak of the lessons I have in store for my lovely students in just under a months' time so be sure to come back for a look at that one!










Enter your email to be the first to know about art sales and receive exclusive member only discounts! 
* indicates required
Email Format
Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:
Book Cover
Best Sellers List 2014: A Book You Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment