Friday 17 January 2014

Featured Artist Series; Teresa Lawrence

I'm running a little late with this weeks' featured artist: blame it on a killer sinus infection. But better late than never right?

This weeks' artist is a lady who has taught me a lot. She was my printmaking instructor and is an accomplished artist in both printmaking and painting, as well as being a children's book author and illustrator! My 6 month old daughter just loves her Baby Face books, which you can see here.

On to her artwork now:


Tread Carefully, Etching and Collage, 2013


Teresa began her career as a copywriter in advertising, however wanted something more so ventured into the world of illustration. She spent many years working as a freelance illustrator, accumulating a portfolio of almost 100 books! In between illustrating she gained more degrees and now focuses on teaching:

"These days I still do some illustration work but I have ventured out into the worlds of painting and printmaking which I find very fulfilling. I also teach art, or rather facilitate it, which I love to do. Seeing others discover something within themselves is quite a privilege. 
In addition to teaching I also have a studio where I do my painting. My printmaking happens in the studios of others mostly."

I must admit I love Teresa's printing style. Her work is whimsical, delicate and quite lovely.

Sunnybrae Tree
In addition to printing and illustration, Teresa also paints. Her painting style is gorgeous, with an almost haunting quality to her images.

Beeac Paddock, Oil on Canvas, 2010. Now residing in the apartment of it's new owner in Manhattan, New York.


The Highway, Oil on Canvas 2013

I love the above work, The Highway. It's one of a series of landscapes Teresa is currently working on and is yet to be exhibited. To me it almost looks like the opening scene from one of those fantastic suspenseful mystery movies....the ones that have you holding a pillow in front of your face because you can't watch from fear, but you can't look away at the same time! A bit Alfred Hitchcock-ish. Or maybe that's just me.....

Teresa is available for workshops and her work is for sale. She can be contacted through her website or through email here.She's also on Instagram, so why not follow her? @teresalawrence123
As always....what's your favourite piece and why?

I'm still on the lookout for some more artists for my Featured Artist series. If you think you'd like to be featured here, please use my contact page to send me an email, and be sure to sign up to my monthly newsletter!










Enter your email to be the first to know about art sales and receive exclusive member only discounts! 
* indicates required
Email Format
Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:
Book Cover
Best Sellers List 2014: A Book You Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment